We are committed to protecting your privacy when interacting with our App and services. We appreciate that you do not want the personal information you provide to us distributed indiscriminately and here we explain how we collect information, what we do with it and what controls you have.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following personal information about you:
• information (such as your name, user name and email address) that you provide to register as a user of the App, subscribe to our communications or request any information;
• information that you choose to share with us where you can connect to your FLIO account from other third party social media sites or apps. Those sites or apps may provide us access to certain information relevant to your login and to content you may have interacted with prior to logging in to our App. You can use the settings of your third party social media account to control what personal information you choose to share with us.
• in connection with an account sign-in facility, your log-in and password details;
• details of date you last logged in to the App;
• communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the App or its content;
• information from promotions, advertisements, surveys and competitions that we may run on the App if you choose to respond to, or participate in, them;
• technical information from your mobile device such as the Identification for Advertisers (IDFA) or language settings of your device) as well as usage information relating to the service you receive; and
• information relating to your real time location such as your cell, Wi-Fi or GPS location.
When you access the App, we may automatically collect additional information about you, such as the type of mobile device you use, and your operating system, which are automatically recognised by our web server. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on the App and to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use.
You are under no obligation to provide any such information. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with the App and our services.
Uses made of your information
We will use the personal information you provide to:
• identify you when you sign-in to your FLIO account;
• enable us to provide you with the services and information offered through the App and which you request;
• administer your user account with us;
• analyse the use of the App in order to improve our content and services, including research into our users’ demographics;
• we collect your real time location to provide the location services requested by you in order to identify for you the offers relevant to your location. If you wish to stop location information collection, we will not be able to continue to provide the services and you should uninstall the App using the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the App market place network.
• send you push notifications of relevant offers at your location should you choose to receive these;
• send you by email, information and offers we think you may find of interest based on your use of the App or which you have requested from us, including receipt of marketing communications such as our periodic newsletter.
• allow, with your consent, carefully selected third parties to send you information and offers by email which you may find useful regarding their products and services.
We also collect information about your access to the App using cookies or technologies similar to cookies.
This technology comprises pieces of software that include a unique reference code that store and sometimes track information about you. These can last only for the duration of your use of the App. Others are used to remember you when you return to the App and will last for longer.
We use these technologies to:
• allow you to move around the App more quickly and easily;
• remember your last login;
• customise elements of the layout and/or content of the App for you;
• collect statistical information about how you use the App so that we can improve the App;
If you would like to opt-out of technology we employ through our App, you may do so by blocking, deleting or disabling them as your device permits. Please note however that by blocking or deleting these technologies, you may not be able to make use of the App.
We may disclose aggregate statistics about users of the App in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers, sponsors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
We may disclose your personal information to our agents or contractors who assist us in providing the services we offer through the App, fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating our communication and marketing lists, analysing data, providing support services or in other tasks from time to time. Our agents and contractors will only use your information to the extent necessary to perform their functions.
As described above, we may with your consent, share your email address, name, user name and last login date/time with selected third parties to send you information and offers by email which you may find useful regarding their products and services.
In the event that we undergo re-organisation or are sold to a third party, you agree that any personal information we hold about you may be transferred to that re-organised entity or third party.
We may disclose your personal information if legally entitled or required to do so (for example if required by law or by a Court order or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cyber crime or to protect the Site or the rights, property or personal safety of any person).
Protecting the safety of children when they use online services is very important to us. We do not wish to collect any personal information from children under 18 and recommend that children receive the permission from their parent or guardian before gaining access to the App or sending personal information to us or anyone else.
We place great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our users. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to personal information. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
You should bear in mind that submission of information over the internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via the App whilst it is in transit over the internet and any such submission is at your own risk.
Data storage and international transfers
Information that you submit via the App may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). By way of example, this will happen when necessary in connection with providing information to our mailing services provider in the USA, or if you make contact with businesses featured on the App. If we transfer your information outside the EEA in this way, we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected. By submitting information via the App you agree to this storing, processing and/or transfer.
In addition, if you use our services while you are outside the EEA, your information may be transferred outside the EEA in order to provide you with those services.
You have a legal right under the Data Protection Act 1998 to a copy of all the personal information about you held by us. On request, we will provide you with a copy of this information. You also have a right to correct any errors in that information. As mentioned above, you have a right to prevent the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.